Union City, CA, United States
Logistics, Operations, Bluecollar, Retail, Entry Level
Union City, CA - Macy's Logistics: Warehouse Associate - Big Ticket/Small Ticket, Part-Time, $13.00 - $13.50','MAC13344','!*!Job Overview:
Macy's Distribution center is currently seeking talented individuals to fill Warehouse associate positions!
Explore positions in all areas of the distribution center! And whatever role you choose, you'll have the opportunity to grow and advance your career!
Some benefits of working at this Fortune 500 retailer include:
• Competitive Pay
• Growth potential for exceptional people
• Associate discount
• Flexible schedule
• Opportunity to learn multiple processes and cross training
• Work with the latest in material handling equipment
Perform other duties as assigned.
• To receive, put away, pick, pack and ship merchandise in a safety, productive and accurate manner. Associates will be cross-trained in multiple areas.
• Ability to key accurately and productively using PC’s, hand-held computers or other such devices.
• Follow all Standard Operating Procedures and safety/security guidance.
• Operate powered equipment as assigned by Manager or Supervisor.
• Adhere to conveyor lock-out procedures and clear jams on elevated conveyor systems.
• Perform other related duties, special projects or assignments as required.
• Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
• No education required. Entry level position; no experience required.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to read, write, and interpret instructional documents such as reports and procedure manuals.
• Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
• Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision and make sound decisions.
• This position involves regular walking, standing, sitting, hearing, and talking.
• May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
• May involve close vision, color vision, depth perception, focus adjustment.
• Involves manual dexterity for using keyboard, mouse, and other office equipment.
• Ability to lift 25lbs routinely and up to 50lbs occasionally for Small Ticket and Direct to Consumer positions.
• Ability to lift up to 75lbs for Big Ticket positions.
• Ability to lift push/move up to 250 pounds
• Team Player
• Ability to understand and communicate directions in the FC regarding Standard
• Operating Procedures and security & safety guidelines.
• Meet productivity and accuracy standards
• If operating fork lift equipment, the ability to be trained and work at heights
• Ability to use multiple radio frequency devices, i.e. hand held scanners
• Ability to learn area-specific functions within multiple systems, i.e. Manhattan WMS and Macy’s proprietary systems.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and store/company needs.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.','','United States-California-Union City','Direct to Consumer/Fulfillment','Union City, CA - Macy's Logistics: Warehouse Associate - Big Ticket/Small Ticket, Part-Time, $13.00 - $13.50
Website : http://www.macys.com
Macy’s, Inc. is one of the nation’s premier retailers, with fiscal 2012 sales of $27.7 billion. The company operates the Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s brands with about 840 department stores in 45 states, the District of Columbia, Guam and Puerto Rico, and the macys.com and bloomingdales.com websites. The company also operates 13 Bloomingdale’s Outlet stores.